Navigating the Changing Foreign Investment Regulatory Environment
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
On September 17, 2019, the U.S. Department of the Treasury published new proposed rules to implement certain provisions set forth in the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018 (“FIRRMA”), which significantly expanded the jurisdiction and resources of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”). The proposed rules would implement the extension of CFIUS’s jurisdiction to a significantly broader class of foreign direct investment transactions (including non-controlling investments in certain types of technology, infrastructure, and data U.S. businesses (“TID U.S. businesses”) and certain real estate transactions), as well as other FIRRMA-mandated provisions.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- CFIUS reform big picture: background and policy drivers
- Recent national security-related statutory, regulatory, and policy reforms including:
- Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (“FIRRMA”)
- Export Control Reform Act (“ECRA”) and critical technologies
- Potential impacts to businesses both domestically and abroad
- Practical strategies for weighing risk and navigating the changing environment
Who should attend:
- Compliance leaders and professionals
- Business function leads, program managers
- Organization risk managers
- Counsel and legal advisors
- Anyone who works with global trade, investment, and innovation, such as brokers, supply chain professionals, technology officers, etc.
The webinar will be presented through PowerPoint slides and will include live video and commentary from Randall Cook and Rosanne Giambalvo of Ankura Consulting. Randall Cook is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group. He has more than 18 years of experience conducting complex investigations and audits, leading and advising organizations engaged with critical operational and compliance challenges, and designing and delivering high-performance, persistent, integrated risk mitigation solutions. Rosanne Giambalvo is a Senior Director at Ankura Consulting Group. She has over 20 years of professional experience, including three years in international trade compliance and over 15 years in financial services. Ms. Giambalvo works with her clients to operationalize trade compliance through the development of international trade compliance policies and procedures, system and process enhancements, and training.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
November 14, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits