Avoid fines and penalties for violating export control regulations due to a lack of knowledge, training and comprehension of corporate or individual responsibility of your employees.
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
This webinar was created for employees whose first language is Spanish. The presentation and speaker commentary will be provided in Spanish.
Due to a lack of knowledge and internal corporate controls, company employees can negatively impact the good standing of a company’s export compliance program when engaging in exports of materials and technical data transfers. Departments typically engaged in inadvertent export violations include sales, service, engineering, accounting, marketing, management and human resources. Although these departments are not typically engaged in physical exports, they are the origin of many regulatory infractions provoking delays in shipping, increased merchandise and documentation inspections by Customs, fines and even loss of export privileges.
The implications of a violation are complex, although the solution to avoid these issues is simple. By having your Spanish speaking employees participate in this webinar, they will learn the following:
- Basic knowledge and overview of exports and the US regulations that govern them,
- Commercial and Military Export Regulations,
- Definition of exports, technical data transfers and defense services,
- The difference between a US Person and a Non-US Person,
- Export and Technical Data Transfer Licenses,
- Definition of Technical Data,
- When is an Export License required,
- Red Flags,
- Impacted Departments and areas of control,
- Corporate Export Control Programs,
- Who is Responsible,
- Assure your personnel understands the US Regulations to better manage exports and properly escalate issues and concerns
By participating in this 90 minute webinar, you will be able to bring awareness and training to a large number of Spanish speaking employees at the same time with minimal interruption to their daily routine. In the event of a violation by your company, this training will serve as documented evidence demonstrating the proactive export compliance efforts of your company.
Departments and resources that will benefit from this training:
- Human Resources
- Customer Service
- Anyone with access to technical data, materials/finished product and/or production access
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from John Armonda. For 24 years, John has offered advisory and project management services for a variety of companies engaged in foreign sourcing, shared production facilities, direct exports, utilization of non-US engineering services, Free Trade Agreement compliance, export & import government audits, 3rd party program assessments and DDTC registration and licensing management. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar, the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.