Update on All U.S. Tariffs
Learn techniques to mitigate the impact tariffs have on your bottom line.
Increased U.S. tariffs on imports of aluminum and steel, washers and solar panels, and of course, Chinese goods valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars are here to stay—at least for the foreseeable future amid the ongoing trade tensions between the U.S. and its trading partners. Savvy importers are employing a variety of techniques to mitigate the impact of these tariff actions on their bottom lines. This webinar, presented by international trade attorney Melissa Proctor, will update attendees on the latest developments on the tariff front, as well as provide effective strategies for minimizing the impact and supply chain disruptions caused by the ongoing tariff wars.
Specific topics will include:
- Section 201 Safeguard Tariffs on Solar Panel Imports
- Section 232 National Security Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports
- What about Section 232 Tariffs on Automobiles, Auto Parts, and Uranium?
- The current status of the Section 301 Unfair Trade Practice Tariffs on Chinese Imports
- Keeping the Various Section 301 Product Lists Straight
- Key Dates and Deadlines
- The Keys for Successful Product Exclusions from the Section 301 Tariffs
- U.S. Customs Entry and Clearance Requirements
- Enforcement by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Retaliation and WTO Challenges
- Using classification, country of origin, and customs value rules to reduce tariff liability
- Using U.S. special trade and duty deferral rules to reduce tariff liability
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor, who has been advising companies for over 25 years on the full range of issues involving the customs laws and regulations, export controls, embargoes and economic sanctions compliance, anti-corruption/anti-bribery compliance, and other government agency requirements relating to the cross-border movement of goods, information, and services.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
October 24, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits