Update on All U.S. Tariffs
Learn techniques to mitigate the impact tariffs have on your bottom line.
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Increased U.S. tariffs on imports of aluminum and steel, washers and solar panels, and of course, Chinese goods valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars are here to stay—at least for the foreseeable future amid the ongoing trade tensions between the U.S. and its trading partners. Savvy importers are employing a variety of techniques to mitigate the impact of these tariff actions on their bottom lines. This webinar, presented by international trade attorney Melissa Proctor, will update attendees on the latest developments on the tariff front, as well as provide effective strategies for minimizing the impact and supply chain disruptions caused by the ongoing tariff wars.
Specific topics will include:
- Section 201 Safeguard Tariffs on Solar Panel Imports
- Section 232 National Security Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports
- What about Section 232 Tariffs on Automobiles, Auto Parts, and Uranium?
- The current status of the Section 301 Unfair Trade Practice Tariffs on Chinese Imports
- Keeping the Various Section 301 Product Lists Straight
- Key Dates and Deadlines
- The Keys for Successful Product Exclusions from the Section 301 Tariffs
- U.S. Customs Entry and Clearance Requirements
- Enforcement by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Retaliation and WTO Challenges
- Using classification, country of origin, and customs value rules to reduce tariff liability
- Using U.S. special trade and duty deferral rules to reduce tariff liability
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor, who has been advising companies for over 25 years on the full range of issues involving the customs laws and regulations, export controls, embargoes and economic sanctions compliance, anti-corruption/anti-bribery compliance, and other government agency requirements relating to the cross-border movement of goods, information, and services.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
October 24, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits