University Export Controls Program: Strength in Numbers
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
The U.S. export controls regulations affect all parts of a university or company. Operational processes from those rooted in sponsored research, technology transfer, materials transfer, shipping, recruiting, travel, and more have an element that requires some aspect of screening or evaluation against the relevant government regulations. Pulling together the key stakeholders is not easy, but it’s an essential aspect of driving comprehensive compliance across an organization. In this webinar, we’ll talk about how the various areas across a university are affected and solutions for gathering support to help drive compliance. We’ll cover the following topics and more:
- Export control screening steps
- Role of Export Control Committees or Task Forces
- How to spread export controls awareness
- What universities can learn from companies
- Building relationships and bridging gaps with collaborators
- Influencing across departments and functions
Who Should Attend:
- Export compliance leaders, export control leaders, research compliance administrators, sponsored program administrators at universities, or research compliance leaders at non-profit research institutions
- Anyone with direct or indirect responsibility in driving export controls compliance or export compliance in their role
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Jennifer Saak. Dr. Saak has 20 years of experience in export controls compliance and scientific research at Fortune 500 companies. She has provided compliance solutions to top U.S. research universities, leading academic medical centers, non-profit research organizations, and a variety of industrial companies. Her expertise is in export controls risk assessments, commodity and technology classifications, training, deemed exports, and business process improvements. Dr. Saak has designed and delivered training on export controls compliance for teams based in the United States, Europe, Saudi Arabia, India, China, and Japan.
Prerequisite: Participants should have an intermediate level of understanding of the U.S. export control regulations.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
“I enjoyed the presentation and found it helpful, particularly the sections devoted to specific issues for universities.”
Lane G. Campbell, Northwestern University
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
September 6, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits