Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
Have you read the recent final ruling by the U.S. Department of State and Department of Commerce that changes the classification of Toxicological, Chemical, and Biological Agents, as well as Directed Energy Weapons? Do you understand how your business operations are impacted by these changes? The regulatory changes bring on an entirely new set of regulatory requirements under the Department of Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR) that businesses in these fields must understand. It’s critical for companies to understand what portion of their portfolio now falls under the EAR versus what portion remains under the Department of State’s ITAR – and to update their internal export compliance program accordingly – in order to limit the risk of unintentional violations and steep government fines.
This webinar will dive into the 1X607 and 6X619 Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) under the EAR that now cover physical commodities and technologies that were formerly under the ITAR regulations. The essential elements of the ITAR’s Category XIV/XVIII and the EAR’s relevant 600 series ECCNs, along with their associated requirements, will be reviewed. We’ll discuss the list of items controlled, licensing requirements, license exceptions your business might be able to leverage, technology control plans, compliance program suggestions, and more. There will also be plenty of opportunity for participants to ask live questions so you walk away with an understanding of the next steps to update your export compliance program.
- Review of U.S. Export Controls Structure
- U.S. Export Control Reform
- ITAR’s United States Munitions List: Category XIV Toxicological Agents & Category XVIII Directed Energy Weapons
- EAR’s Commerce Control List and ECCN Requirements
- Licensing Needs and License Exceptions
- Handling Export Controlled Technology
- Compliance Program Best Practices
- Questions & Answers
Who Should Attend
- Anyone with direct or indirect responsibility in driving export compliance in their role
- Participants should have an intermediate level of understanding of the U.S. export control regulations
- Business leaders, functional leaders, international trade compliance officers, and export compliance leaders in the chemical, specialty materials, biological, or energy industry
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Jennifer Saak, who has 20 years of experience in export controls compliance and scientific research at Fortune 500 companies. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.