Understanding the ITAR and EAR Order of Review
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
All webinar attendees will receive an electronic copy of our US Export Compliance Flip Chart. This quick reference tool provides you with the information you need on a daily basis right at your fingertips and includes: a two page Order of Review Flow Chart, Common ITAR Exemptions Table, EAR Export Flow Chart, AES Filing Tools & References Table, Reexports Analysis Steps Chart, and much more!
Accurate jurisdiction and classification decisions have long been a foundation of effective export compliance. The Export Control Reform initiative introduced an Order of Review to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and expanded a preexisting Order of Review in the Export Administration Regulations.
Understanding the Order of Review is essential to one of the most difficult and important export compliance tasks – determining the U.S. Munitions List or Commerce Control List classification of the items you export. The USML and CCL both use detailed and complex criteria to define the classifications of many items. The Orders of Review establish the process an exporter must use to reach the correct conclusion. Using the appropriate Order of Review does not guarantee the right classification, but not using it greatly increases the risk of failure.
Our webinar includes:
- A step-by-step walkthrough of the ITAR and EAR Orders of Review
- The distinction between enumerated and “catch-all” controls
- The role and meaning of “specially designed” in the process
- Important distinctions between how the Order of Review functions in the USML vs. the CCL
- Helpful hardware, software, and technology examples from the control lists
- Suggestions for documenting your efforts to build defensible jurisdiction and classification decisions
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
October 23, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits