U.S. / China Trade War: Recent Developments & Avoiding Supply Chain Disruptions
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
U.S. importers continue to find themselves in very interesting (if not troubling) times from a global trade point of view. Increased U.S. tariffs on imports of certain Chinese-origin imports, as well as retaliatory tariffs imposed by China on U.S. exports, continue to rattle companies and their supply chain partners. As developments have been swift and often times erratic, companies continue striving to digest the latest news, assess potential impacts on their current operations, and develop strategies for succeeding in both the long and short-terms.
In this webinar, international trade attorney Melissa Proctor of Miller Proctor Law PLLC will provide a detailed discussion on the most recent developments in the U.S. / China trade war. She will also recommend strategies for minimizing supply chain disruptions. Specific topics will include key updates on:
- Product Lists 1, 2, 3, and Proposed List 4,
- The Section 301 Unfair Trade Practice Tariffs on Chinese Imports,
- Requesting Product Exclusions from U.S. Tariff Actions,
- Learning from Recent Product Exclusion Approvals (and Denials),
- U.S. Customs Entry and Clearance Requirements for Affected Products,
- Enforcement by U.S. Customs and Border Protection,
- Retaliation by the U.S., Allies, and Trading Partners and WTO Challenges, and
- Mitigating the Impact of the Section 301 Tariffs on Your Business.
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Melissa Proctor who has been advising companies for over 25 years on the full range of issues involving the customs laws and regulations, export controls, embargoes and economic sanctions compliance, anti-corruption/anti-bribery compliance, and other government agency requirements relating to the cross-border movement of goods, information and services.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
September 25, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits