The New Rules Governing Exports of Firearms and Ammunition
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
On January 23, 2020, the Trump Administration published the long-awaited final rules to remove most commercially available firearms and ammunition from the export controls of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and transition them over to the controls of the Commerce Department’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The U.S. Munitions List Categories I, II, and III are the last categories to be revised pursuant to the sweeping reforms initiated by the Obama Administration almost ten years ago. Nevertheless, this will be the first time many in the firearms and ammunition industries will have to deal with such a sweeping regulatory change.
This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of the new export rules that will govern firearms and ammunition exports beginning on March 9, 2020.
Outline of the webinar:
- Overview of the transition
- What firearms and ammunition remain ITAR-controlled and what will transition to the EAR?
- What are the new Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs)?
- What is “Specially Designed”?
- How do I determine if my item is ITAR- or EAR-controlled (the Order of Review)?
- How are firearms and ammunition controlled under the EAR?
- What license exceptions are available for firearms and ammunition?
- How does the EAR control technology?
- What information is required for Automated Export System (AES) Filings?
- What do I do with my existing export authorizations?
Who Should Attend: Export compliance officers, legal counsel, engineers, sales representatives, purchasing personnel, and those involved in government and law enforcement sales.
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Johanna Reeves, who is a founding partner of the Washington, DC law firm, Reeves & Dola, LLP. For more than 15 years, Ms. Reeves has dedicated her practice to advising U.S. companies on export and import matters arising under the Arms Export Control Act, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the Export Administration Regulations, economic sanctions and embargoes administered by the Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the National Firearms Act of 1934.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
“The material was presented in an efficient manner and the speaker held my interest (I’m usually fighting off sleep at these things!). All in all, a good show. Glad I participated.”
Mark H, Attendee of this webinar
February 12, 2020
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits