The Fundamentals of Product Classification
Determining your product’s export classification is one of the most important steps toward export compliance. How else will you know what restrictions might be on any given international transaction if you have not assigned the correct ECCN or USML Category?
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar will address the differences behind Commodity Jurisdiction determinations and Commodity Classifications and will help you create effective processes to classify and document product classifications.
We will also provide an overview and update on the new legal requirements for the US Government to establish a list of Emerging and Foundational Technologies that could result in controls for certain products that are not currently controlled.
Topics covered include:
- Commodity Jurisdiction vs. Commodity Classification
- ECCNs vs. HTS numbers
- Order of Review
- CCL/USML overview
- Understanding the structure of ECCNs and USML
- Getting the technical resources you need to do effective classifications
- Working classifications into the product development process
- Developing tools to assist in classifications and document results
- Submitting CJs or CCATS requests including new CJ electronic filing requirements
- What to do about third party products
- Classifying intangibles: technical data, software
- Staying on top of regulatory changes
- What to do with emerging technologies and prototypes
- Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Compliance automation
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls.
“Excellent overview of export controls and changes from ITAR to 600 series under BIS. Good introductory class for my coworkers who are not that familiar with the topic.”
Edith Folta, Dyno Nobel Inc.
Attendee of Felice’s previous Fundamentals of Product Classification Webinar
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
February 28, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 13564
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!