The Fundamentals of Product Classification
Determining your product’s export classification is one of the most important steps toward export compliance. How else will you know what restrictions might be on any given international transaction if you have not assigned the correct ECCN or USML Category?
This webinar will address the differences behind Commodity Jurisdiction determinations and Commodity Classifications and will help you create effective processes to classify and document product classifications.
We will also provide an overview and update on the new legal requirements for the US Government to establish a list of Emerging and Foundational Technologies that could result in controls for certain products that are not currently controlled.
Topics covered include:
- Commodity Jurisdiction vs. Commodity Classification
- ECCNs vs. HTS numbers
- Order of Review
- CCL/USML overview
- Understanding the structure of ECCNs and USML
- Getting the technical resources you need to do effective classifications
- Working classifications into the product development process
- Developing tools to assist in classifications and document results
- Submitting CJs or CCATS requests including new CJ electronic filing requirements
- What to do about third party products
- Classifying intangibles: technical data, software
- Staying on top of regulatory changes
- What to do with emerging technologies and prototypes
- Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Compliance automation
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading export compliance auditor and educator.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
“Excellent overview of export controls and changes from ITAR to 600 series under BIS. Good introductory class for my coworkers who are not that familiar with the topic.”
Edith Folta, Dyno Nobel Inc. / Attendee of Felice’s previous Fundamentals of Product Classification Webinar
“I took the live training at the end of January and was presented with a free Webinar for taking the live training, which I thought was great! I signed up for “Fundamentals of Product Classification” and it was helpful, I always learn something new. The instructor spoke clearly and seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge on the topic, and even had a few minutes at the end to take some questions. I would definitely take another Webinar through ECTI!”
Danielle Nuccitelli, Harris Corporation / Attendee of Felice’s previous Fundamentals of Product Classification Webinar
“Ms. Laird’s presentation runs a step by step instruction. There is no question how we should approach classification. Ms. Laird also provided some great examples of good and bad classification scenarios. I got a lot of information from this session. As always. Thank you!”
Attendee of Felice’s previous Fundamentals of Product Classification Webinar
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
March 24, 2020
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: Pending