Determining your product’s export classification is one of the most important steps toward export compliance.
Feb 28, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EST
How else will you know what restrictions might be on any given international transaction if you have not assigned the correct ECCN or USML Category?
This webinar will address the differences behind Commodity Jurisdiction determinations and Commodity Classifications and will help you create effective processes to classify and document product classifications.
Topics covered include:
- Commodity Jurisdiction vs. Commodity Classification
- ECCNs vs. HTS numbers
- Order of Review
- CCL/USML overview
- Understanding the structure of ECCNs and USML
- Getting the technical resources you need to do effective classifications
- Working classifications into the product development process
- Developing tools to assist in classifications and document results
- Submitting CJs or CCATS requests including new CJ electronic filing requirements
- What to do about third party products
- Classifying intangibles: technical data, software
- Staying on top of regulatory changes
- What to do with emerging technologies and prototypes
- Documentation and Recordkeeping
- Compliance automation
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls. Participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.