The Essentials and Challenges of Exporting Firearms and Ammunition
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
When it comes to U.S. export controls, there are many things that distinguish firearms and ammunition from other items. This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of the license requirements to export firearms and ammunition. We will examine the challenges inherent in dealing with civilian and government or military customers and the unique impact politics has on the export licensing process.
Outline of the webinar:
- The regulatory landscape
- Export Control Reform and Firearms and Ammunition
- ITAR Controls
- What is covered
- DDTC interpretation of manufacturing activities requiring registration
- Application of “technical data” and “defense services” to industry operations
- Unique use of Warehouse and Distribution Agreements
- The low Congressional Notification
- License Exemptions
- EAR Controls
- What is covered
- Applicable ECCNs
- Technology Controls
- License Exceptions
- ATF controls over exports and temporary imports
- Notable enforcement cases
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Export compliance officers, legal counsel, engineers, sales representatives, purchasing personnel, and government and law enforcement sales.
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Johanna Reeves, who is founding partner of the Washington, DC law firm, Reeves & Dola, LLP. For more than 15 years, Ms. Reeves has dedicated her practice to advising U.S. companies on export and import matters arising under the Arms Export Control Act, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the Export Administration Regulations, economic sanctions and embargoes administered by the Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the National Firearms Act of 1934.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
June 7, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Webinar sponsored by: