June 7, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EDT
We will cover the recently published proposed changes to Categories I, II, & III from DDTC during the webinar. The proposed changes are considerable and contain a lot of “hidden” nuggets that could surprise, dare we say disappoint, some.
When it comes to U.S. export controls, there are many things that distinguish firearms and ammunition from other items. This webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of the license requirements to export firearms and ammunition. We will examine the challenges inherent in dealing with civilian and government or military customers and the unique impact politics has on the export licensing process.
Outline of the webinar:
- The regulatory landscape
- Export Control Reform and Firearms and Ammunition
- ITAR Controls
- What is covered
- DDTC interpretation of manufacturing activities requiring registration
- Application of “technical data” and “defense services” to industry operations
- Unique use of Warehouse and Distribution Agreements
- The low Congressional Notification
- License Exemptions
- EAR Controls
- What is covered
- Applicable ECCNs
- Technology Controls
- License Exceptions
- ATF controls over exports and temporary imports
- Notable enforcement cases
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Export compliance officers, legal counsel, engineers, sales representatives, purchasing personnel, and government and law enforcement sales.
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Johanna Reeves, who is founding partner of the Washington, DC law firm, Reeves & Dola, LLP. For more than 15 years, Ms. Reeves has dedicated her practice to advising U.S. companies on export and import matters arising under the Arms Export Control Act, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, the Export Administration Regulations, economic sanctions and embargoes administered by the Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control, the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the National Firearms Act of 1934. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.