Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
The purpose of an export compliance program is to catch potential violations before they happen. However, sometimes a potential violation is not identified until after an incident has already taken place. Additionally, the significant regulatory revisions to the ITAR and EAR have added to the complexity of overall export compliance by shifting jurisdiction or altering relevant regulatory criteria.
In this webinar, we will discuss the fundamentals of an export compliance program and run through a cradle-to-grave example of how to handle an investigation of potential violations of the ITAR and EAR. This discussion will highlight the key issues and questions that arise, and provide participants with best practices and strategies. In addition, we will discuss insights into how DDTC and BIS handle investigations and how to prepare effective voluntary disclosures.
Led by a former senior member of DDTC who advised the FBI on criminal export enforcement investigations, this webinar is intended to get organizations up-to-speed on administering an effective compliance program and to deal with the voluntary disclosure process before DDTC and BIS steps in.
- Compliance programs and discovering potential violations
- Handling internal investigations with and without legal counsel
- Preparing a voluntary disclosure to DDTC or BIS
- Dealing with dual disclosures
- Working with DDTC and BIS
- Understanding the disclosure process
- Identifying mitigating factors and corrective actions
- Writing effective voluntary disclosures
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Christopher Stagg, whose experience as a senior regulator with the U.S. Department of State and in private practice gives him unique understanding of the successful strategies companies require to navigate export controls and other national security related matters. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.