Using Free Trade Agreements to Boost US Exports
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
The United States is a party to various Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) that involve more than 20 countries around the world, and more agreements are anticipated to be negotiated, concluded and implemented in the future.
FTAs permit qualifying goods to enter the territories of member countries duty-free or at reduced duty rates, thereby allowing exporters in particular to gain greater access to customers in foreign markets, enjoy a significant edge over their competitors, and lower costs for new buyers around the globe. US exporters that are interested in utilizing one or more FTA’s to their competitive advantage should first have a solid understanding of the varying product eligibility and documentary requirements, as well as implement sound internal policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance. This webinar is designed to provide US exporters with an insight into several key FTAs to which the US is a party, as well as effective strategies for taking full advantage of these agreements. Specific topics will include:
- Overview of Available U.S. Free Trade Agreements and Their Key Benefits
- Core Terms and Definitions
- FTA Rules of Origin and Eligibility Requirements
- Certifying Products for Export under various FTAs
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Penalties for Non-Compliance
- Best Practices and Proven Strategies for Successful Utilization of FTAs
Our “ABC’s of FTA’s” Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor, a Shareholder with the law firm of Polsinelli, P.C. For 20 years, Melissa has advised companies on a wide array of issues involving compliance with export, customs and international trade laws and regulations, as well as embargoes and economic sanctions programs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar, the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.