Technology Export Controls: Practical Tips and Tools for Compliance
Technology transfer is the process of transferring technical information relating to the design, engineering, manufacture, production, and use of goods and/or service from one party to another. Companies generally focus on tangible exports when designing export compliance plans, sometimes leaving out technology transfers or including technology exports as an afterthought.
In this webinar, we move on from the compliance basics to a roadmap of recommended practices for companies and other organizations with export-controlled products and data. We will walk through several sample tools and procedures that will help you to avoid, manage, and mitigate your company’s risks of violating the regulations.
We will cover the following during the webinar:
- Identify and catalog-controlled technology in tangible and intangible forms
- Take a practical stance when reviewing concepts and definitions used in EAR and ITAR
- Conduct and document risk assessments for all business activities
- Forge alliances with your Information Technology colleagues
- Manage foreign national employees and foreign visitors
- Develop Technology Transfer Control Plans
- Using exceptions/exemptions for technology transfers
- Getting licenses for technology transfers
- Walk through sample Product/Technical Data matrix, Technology Control Plan, Foreign Visitor Request/Authorization forms, and BIS Deemed export license application
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Felice Laird, who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls with 30 years’ experience in training on US export regulations. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
July 31, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits