Parties of Concern? Dealing with the BIS Denied Party, Entity and Unverified Lists
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar will focus on the nuts and bolts of the Commerce Department blacklists: The Denied Party, Entity and Unverified Lists.
The speaker will review the policy bases for these lists, the restrictions they impose on the listed parties, the compliance obligations they create, what to do if a company learns that it has not complied with these compliance obligations, how to conduct and manage investigations related to these violations, and navigating the process for removal from these lists. The main points of emphasis will be the increased importance of these lists in this era of global trade enforcement, identifying specific tips for compliance with these rules, and identifying common pitfalls or traps for the unwary in this area.
This webinar will cover:
- What each of these lists is designed to accomplish on a policy level;
- What restrictions they impose on U.S. and non-U.S. persons;
- How to comply with obligations imposed by these lists;
- What to do if a company learns that it has not complied with obligations related to these lists;
- Conducting investigations related to potential violations of obligations imposed by these lists;
- Defending enforcement actions related to potential violations of the list-related requirements; and
- Navigating the process of removal from the lists.
Who should attend this webinar:
- Global Trade Compliance Professionals
- In-house Counsel
- Outside Compliance Counsel
- Outside Enforcement and Investigations Counsel
The webinar will be presented through PowerPoint slides and will include live video and commentary from Timothy P. O’Toole, a member of the law firm of Miller & Chevalier Chartered, in Washington D.C., and the leader of its White Collar Defense Practice Group. Recognized as one of the nation’s leading international trade lawyers by Chambers USA, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, and Global Investigations Review, Tim has represented targets of and subjects of government enforcement actions for over two decades, and has in the past decade focused on defending matters arising under the export controls and U.S. sanctions laws. He has vast experience dealing with U.S. regulators and enforcement agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), and the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and in providing clients with compliance advice designed to help ensure they never need to defend enforcement actions in the first place.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
February 20, 2020
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits