Mergers, Acquisitions and Trade Compliance…Proceed at Your Own Risk!
Trade Compliance Best Practices to Ensure You Don’t Inherit Violations
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
In today’s global economy, companies seeking to acquire or merge with other firms may be buying a lot more than they bargained for unless they invest the necessary time and resources in exploring and assessing the potential import, export or economic sanctions liability of the target. Under the principle of Successor Liability, companies that engage in cross-border purchases and sales of goods, as well as transfers of information and technologies, may unwittingly inherit a potential target’s trade compliance violations and liabilities. However, there are strategies that companies can employ to ensure that potential compliance issues are identified and addressed well before the final date of closing. These strategies may also result in unexpected rewards as companies may discover a bevy of previously unexplored duty and cost-saving opportunities that can be seized upon post-closing.
In this webinar, international trade attorney Melissa Proctor of Miller Proctor Law PLLC will discuss Successor Liability in the context of both imports and exports. Specific topics will include:
- Scenarios in which successors will be held liable for the past trade violations of their targets;
- An overview of the merger and acquisition process;
- Special trade compliance considerations (ITAR, Licensing and CFIUS Concerns);
- Preparing for acquisitions;
- The importance of thorough due diligence investigations;
- Best practices for buyers and sellers; and,
- Recent case studies.
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor, who has been advising companies for nearly 25 years on the full range of issues involving the customs laws and regulations, export controls, embargoes and economic sanctions compliance, anti-corruption/anti-bribery compliance, and other government agency requirements relating to the international movement of goods, information and services.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
November 19, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits