Mastering HTSUS and Schedule B Code Classifications
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Importers and exporters alike require a firm understanding of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) and the Schedule B Code in order to properly apply the rules for classifying their products for import and export. Tariff classifications drive the duty rates that will be applied to imported merchandise, while Schedule B Codes (as well as their HTSUS classification counterparts) are required to be reported in exporters’ Electronic Export Information (EEI) filings submitted into the Automated Commercial Environment. This webinar will cover the fundamentals of HTSUS and Schedule B Code classification, and provide proven recommendations for determining accurate product classifications and implementing effective classification strategies.
Topics that will be addressed include:
- Introduction to, and the differences between, the HTSUS and Schedule B Code;
- The Six General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs);
- Applying the Section and Chapter Notes of the HTSUS;
- Using the World Customs Organization’s (WCO’s) Explanatory Notes;
- Binding Rulings Issued by US Customs and Border Protection and Informed Compliance Publications;
- U.S. Court Decisions on Classification;
- Handling Special Classification Issues (Parts, Kits, Sets);
- The Importance of Commerce Invoice Descriptions; and,
- Best Practices for Effective Product Classification Processes.
This webinar will provide valuable classification insights and strategies to Customs and Export Compliance Managers and Personnel, Logistics and Transportation Personnel, Purchasing and Procurement Departments, General and In-House Counsel, Customs Brokers, and Freight Forwarders.
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor, a Shareholder in Phoenix, Arizona with the Am Law 100 firm of Polsinelli, PC. For over 20 years, Melissa has advised companies on a wide array of issues involving compliance with import, export, customs and international trade laws and regulations, as well as embargoes and economic sanctions programs. Prior to joining Polsinelli, Melissa previously served as Compliance Counsel for Amazon and worked in KPMG’s Customs and Trade Practice as well as two international trade boutique law firms. She has provided import and export training to companies in the United States and around the world, and has assisted companies in designing and implementing effective import and export compliance programs.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
“Always excellent subject matter and presenter is very well versed in the topics.”
Attendee of Melissa Proctor’s previous FCPA Webinar
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
October 18, 2016
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 10913