Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
Obtaining the correct export jurisdiction and classification is the crucial first step to compliance. A mistake, even an innocent one, can lead to costly and significant consequences. As such, it is critical that organizations develop effective jurisdiction and classification assessment (JCA) systems to review their products (including services, technical information, and software) to ensure they are appropriately controlled.
In addition, the latest regulatory changes under Export Control Reform have altered the way that organizations should obtain guidance from DDTC and BIS. It is no longer the case that a commodity jurisdiction request must, or should, be submitted in all scenarios, as some issues may be resolved by other official guidance. Knowing when and how to obtain this guidance is now essential.
Led by a former senior member of DDTC’s commodity jurisdiction and rulemaking sections, Christopher Stagg, who was responsible for revising export control regulations under Export Control Reform and was involved in more than 500 CJ cases, this webinar is intended to bring organizations up-to-speed on how to effectively and efficiently perform jurisdiction and classification assessments and develop internal classification systems from the ground up. It is also intended to help organizations identify when and how to reach out to the government for guidance or official determinations.
- Introduction to Jurisdiction and Classification
- Order of Review – USML and CCL
- Applying “Specially Designed” – The Easy Way
- Analyzing Services, Technical Information, and Software
- Documenting Assessments
- Creating Internal Methods and Systems for Export Jurisdiction and Classification
- Seeking Government Guidance
- To CJ or not to CJ – And Why it Should be Treated as a Quasi-court Case
- Strategic CJ Requests
- CCATS Requests
- Advisory Opinions
- Using Public Comments
- Practical Pointers
- Advanced Issues (Mixed Jurisdiction)
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Christopher Stagg, whose experience as a senior regulator with the U.S. Department of State and in private practice gives him unique understanding of the successful strategies companies require to navigate export controls and other national security related matters. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.