IT Security, Cloud Computing, and Export Controls
Export Compliance Managers: When was the last time you met with your information technology team?
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
How safe is the data on your organization’s network? Have you identified export control data stored in files on servers, storage devices, and endpoint devices? Are you familiar with the term “Controlled Unclassified Information”? Are you familiar with the DFARS and other agency FARS cybersecurity flow down requirements? Ever heard of NIST SP 800-171? Does your company store export-controlled data in the “Cloud”?
These and other questions will be discussed during this webinar. We will help both export control professionals and IT network administrators understand the need to work together to avoid, manage, and mitigate damage from inadvertent exports of technical information resulting from network hacks, insider access, and endpoint devices.
This webinar will address the following questions:
- Does the US Government have standards or guidelines for implementing security measures within an organization?
- What is the impact of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations regarding Network Penetration Reporting and Contracting for Cloud Services?
- What relationship should exist between your network administrators and export compliance personnel?
- What working definition of Cloud Computing should be used as a starting point to evaluate the impact of export controls?
- How do you identify “parties to an export transaction” in a Cloud Computing environment?
- Who is responsible for compliance in the Cloud?
- How do you secure technical data that comes from the third parties, including commercial and government customers and suppliers?
- What has the US Government said when asked about Cloud services and export controls?
- What are industry “best practices” with respect to the use of mobile devices by employees?
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Felice Laird, who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls with 30 years’ experience in training on US export regulations. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
October 3, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits