Is your company prepared for accidental exports resulting from cyber-attacks?
October 3, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EDT
Amidst news of high profile cyber-attacks against the US Government and private company networks, regulators at the Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS) and the State Department are beginning to connect the dots between data security and export controls. This webinar will explore the interconnections between export compliance and network security. We will help both export control professionals and IT network administrators understand the need to work together to avoid, manage, and mitigate damage from inadvertent exports of technical information resulting from network hacks, insider access, and stolen mobile devices.
This webinar will address the following questions:
- What is the US Government thinking regarding cyber-attacks against companies with export-controlled technology?
- What is the impact of the new Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations regarding Network Penetration Reporting and Contracting for Cloud Services?
- What relationship should exist between your network administrators and export compliance personnel?
- What working definition of Cloud Computing should be used as a starting point to evaluate the impact of export controls?
- How to identify “parties to an export transaction” in a Cloud Computing environment?
- Who is responsible for compliance in the Cloud?
- What has the US Government said when asked about Cloud services and export controls?
- What are industry “best practices” with respect to the use of mobile devices by employees?
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls with 30 years’ experience in training on US export regulations. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.