International Distributor Agreements – Practical Advice for Outbound Distribution for US Companies
This webinar will cover all the international distribution dos and don’ts. The instructor will use his practical wisdom and experience from the “trenches” of drafting and negotiating international distribution agreements for clients in various industries and countries. Attendees will leave this webinar with a list of key issues to consider and problem areas to watch for.
Agenda for the webinar:
- Practical strategies depending on the relationship, goals, market economics, the company’s risk tolerance, and experience.
- Managing due diligence on foreign distributors.
- Problem of the “one pager” (simple distributor document) and allowing the distributor to control registrations in country.
- Planning for termination of the distributor or termination of exclusivity if they don’t penetrate the market, violate, breach, or other relational problems.
- Negotiating the “big” issues of: exclusivity, registrations, getting paid, dispute resolution, control of customer information, inventory, warranties, intellectual property, taxes and tax presence, and indemnification.
- Contracting “around” “hardball” local country distributor favorable laws.
- Practical documentary and structuring tips.
- Making the decision to form an in-country division and go direct.
Who should attend the webinar:
- Company employees involved in international sales and distribution
- Lawyers for exporting companies
- CEOs, CFOs, VP of Sales – considering international distribution models
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Michael Patterson, who helps businesses navigate corporate compliance and securities matters. He has extensive experience in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, equity and debt offerings, foreign direct investment, distribution, agency and licensing matters, and market entry strategies. He efficiently resolves legal matters by identifying key issues, focusing resources, and executing on a plan.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
June 5, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits