Current Trends in International Trade Enforcement, Compliance & Investigative Responses
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
…Exercising Reasonable Care over imports, strict liability for export violations, penalties, liquidated damages, detentions, seizures, forfeitures, audits, subpoenas, search warrants, suspension of export privileges, bad publicity… imprisonment?!
The “parade of horribles” that can befall U.S. importers and exporters can lead to many sleepless nights. This webinar will cover key trends in import and export enforcement, offering an overview of the latest U.S. government targeting techniques, international trade violations, notable cases, and strategic considerations for trade regulation and compliance. Specific topics will include:
- The common types of inquiries from CBP and U.S. export agencies;
- Agent visits, sting operations, requests to aid in investigations;
- Subpoena and search warrant compliance;
- Impact of the Yates memo; and,
- The DOJ’s National Security Division Guidelines encouraging voluntary self-disclosures of criminal violations
This webinar will provide valuable insights and strategies to in-house counsel, trade compliance personnel, logistics and transportation professionals, customs brokers, and freight forwarders.
The webinar will be presented through PowerPoint slides and will include live video and commentary from Melissa Proctor and Melissa Ho, Shareholders in Phoenix, Arizona with the Am Law 100 firm of Polsinelli, PC. Melissa Ho, a lead attorney in Polsinelli’s Government Investigations and Compliance Practice, is a former prosecutor and trial attorney with a detailed understanding of government regulations, intellectual property, and international business, as well as extensive experience in civil and criminal investigations. Melissa Proctor is an international trade attorney who has advised companies for more than 20 years on a wide array of issues involving compliance with import, export, customs and international trade laws and regulations, as well as embargoes and economic sanctions programs.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar, and the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.