How to Prepare and File Classification Requests with BIS
To have any hope of complying with the Export Administration Regulations, you’ve got to have your export control classifications right. Exporters should be capable of making most classification determinations on their own. Still, there are times when it may be helpful to call upon the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) to weigh in by submitting a classification request to them. This webinar will tell you everything you need to know to prepare and file classification requests with BIS.
Don’t just throw an application over the wall and hope for the best! There is a lot to consider about when to apply, persuading your intended audience, and avoiding pitfalls. This webinar will include a detailed, block-by-block demonstration of how to prepare the Form 748P for classification requests.
Join us as we address the following topics:
- When to consider a classification request (and when not to)
- Gathering the information you need for a successful application
- Gaining access to SNAP-R
- Completing Form BIS-748P
- Making the case for your preferred classification
- What you should submit with your application
- Request processing: timing, understanding status, and avoiding RWA
- What to do with the completed classification
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
September 11, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits