How to Improve Export Compliance with Effective Audits
All participants will receive a questionnaire for use in developing auditing tools!
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Both State and Commerce Departments recommend and expect regular audits as part of their compliance program guidelines. Despite their negative image, export compliance audits are one of the most effective tools for improving and validating your compliance program. Whenever possible, audits should not be about digging to see how many violations you can find. Instead, audits should strive to find the weaknesses in your compliance program and spot clear options for making cost-effective improvements.
The Export Compliance Training Institute is pleased to announce that Felice Laird will use her 30 years of export compliance experience to lead a practical and instructive webinar on what you need to know about audits.
Outline of the webinar:
- Vocabulary—what is the difference between a self-audit, government audit, outside audit, desk audit, and directed audit?
- Why should a company conduct an audit?
- Part of compliance program
- Asked to do it by parent company or new owner
- Asked to do it in an M&A context
- Asked to do it by government
- Do it before you formalize compliance program
- BIS Audit Guidelines
- Options for doing the audit: internal vs. external resources
- Vetting outside law firms and consulting firms
- How to budget and create a time table for an audit
- How to develop an audit module (example: What are the key areas to be audited? What methodology is going to be used? Will it involve lots of document reviews?)
- How to figure out who to interview and which documents to review
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
April 23, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits