Fundamentals of US Reexport Controls
Does being beyond US shores mean relief from US export controls? Not as far as the US Government is concerned.
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
US restrictions on reexports and other transactions (EAR, ITAR & OFAC) apply to companies physically located outside of the United States. This includes parents, subsidiaries and affiliates of US firms, as well as wholly non-US companies.
US strategic trade controls impact companies that use, purchase, and resell US-origin products, components, or technology. The US Government can and does impose serious penalties for US and non-US companies that fail to comply with the extraterritorial US rules to include monetary fines, a loss of US Government contracts, or a complete ban from receiving any US items. Recent Export Control Reform (ECR) changes have made it even more important for non-US companies to stay up-to-date on the regulations.
In this webinar, we will answer these essential reexport questions:
- Which non-US transactions are subject to the ITAR or EAR?
- How does the ITAR control reexports and retransfers?
- What is EAR de minimis and how do I calculate it?
- Which entities are subject to additional restrictions because of their ties to the US?
- When does a reexport require a license?
- Who may apply for a license?
- How do I apply for a license?
- How have recent ECR changes impacted the US rules?
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity who has extensive corporate consulting and training experience with non-US firms affected by complex US reexport restrictions.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
January 31, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
CES: 1.5 each
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!