Fundamental Research Exclusion: Your Guide to Properly Applying It – PART 2
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar may have the title of “Part 2” but there are no specific prerequisites other than having an understanding of FRE. This is a stand alone webinar.
Are you having trouble applying the Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE) in trickier situations? Does your understanding of the FRE end with the definition itself? This important exclusion is very useful in a university research environment where many times (but not all times) results are intended to be shared. Sometimes, though, it’s not always clear exactly how the FRE applies – and to what part of a project it applies. In this webinar, we’ll spend a small portion of time on FRE basics and then discuss approaches for addressing more complex questions such as the following:
- Single projects that contain FRE-data, data that is subject to the EAR or ITAR
- Patent applications, issued patents, and how the FRE relates to both
- Industry sponsors, data sharing with technical counterparts, and how the FRE factors in
- Latest on any available regulatory updates from the Department of Commerce or Department of State
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who attended Part 1 of the FRE Webinar Series
- Anyone with direct or indirect responsibility in driving export compliance in their role
- Participants should have an intermediate level of understanding of the U.S. export control regulations
- Export compliance leaders, export control leaders, research compliance administrators, and sponsored program administrators at universities or non-profit research institutions
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include commentary from Jennifer Saak who has 20 years of experience in export controls compliance and scientific research at Fortune 500 companies. She has provided compliance solutions to top U.S. research universities, leading academic medical centers, non-profit research organizations, and a variety of industrial companies.
This is a “Part 2” to our previous webinar on the fundamental research exclusion. While it is not required that you have attended that webinar, participants should have at least basic familiarity with FRE.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- Complete COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS and LINKS to required downloads
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
“I enjoyed the presentation and found it helpful, particularly the sections devoted to specific issues for universities.”
Lane G. Campbell, Northwestern University
Previous attendee of Jennifer’s Implications for University Export Compliance webinar
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
March 8, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 12908