Mar 8, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EST
Are you having trouble applying the Fundamental Research Exclusion (FRE) in trickier situations? Does your understanding of the FRE end with the definition itself? This important exclusion is very useful in a university research environment where many times (but not all times) results are intended to be shared. Sometimes, though, it’s not always clear exactly how the FRE applies – and to what part of a project it applies. In this webinar, we’ll spend a small portion of time on FRE basics and then discuss approaches for addressing more complex questions such as the following:
- Single projects that contain FRE-data, data that is subject to the EAR or ITAR
- Patent applications, issued patents, and how the FRE relates to both
- Industry sponsors, data sharing with technical counterparts, and how the FRE factors in
- Latest on any available regulatory updates from the Department of Commerce or Department of State
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who attended Part 1 of the FRE Webinar Series
- Anyone with direct or indirect responsibility in driving export compliance in their role
- Participants should have an intermediate level of understanding of the U.S. export control regulations
- Export compliance leaders, export control leaders, research compliance administrators, and sponsored program administrators at universities or non-profit research institutions
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Jennifer Saak who has 20 years of experience in export controls compliance and scientific research at Fortune 500 companies. She has provided compliance solutions to top U.S. research universities, leading academic medical centers, non-profit research organizations, and a variety of industrial companies. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
This is a “Part 2” to our previous webinar on the fundamental research exclusion. While it is not required that you have attended that webinar, participants should have at least basic familiarity with FRE.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.