Export Controls 101: Starting at the Beginning
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Understanding the 1000+ pages of US export control regulations isn’t easy—you don’t want to just sit down and start reading the rules. What you need is someone to explain the basics to you because you need to know what the rules say and mean before you start reading them. This webinar has just what you need.
Not a day goes by without news of economic sanctions and the consequences of not paying attention to trade laws. This webinar is designed to provide you with a solid foundation upon which to build your knowledge and expertise. This live webinar will give people brand new to export controls a jump start towards accurately understanding and learning the complex and voluminous US export control rules, regulations, and procedures.
People new to export controls need to know which activities other than traditional exports are regulated. Knowing what factors can cause an export license to be required before proceeding is essential in this field, as well as knowing the three key US Government agencies and their respective export regulations that could apply to your business.
Specific topics to be covered:
- What are export controls?
- What are trade sanctions?
- Why does the US have export controls?
- What business activities do export controls restrict?
- What is an export license?
- What are the seven things that cause me to have to get an export license?
- How do export controls differ from customs regulations?
- What government agencies cover what types of exports?
- Swimming in Alphabet Soup: BIS, DDTC, OFAC, EAR, ITAR, CCL—what are these?
- What can happen if rules are broken?
- How do you determine what compliance procedures are appropriate for a company or other organization?
- Where do you go for more training, including seminars and independent learning?
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years of experience in training on US export controls.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option must be requested)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
June 19, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 13127