Export Control Reform for USML Category XII: Fire Control, Laser, Imaging, and Guidance
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
After six years (since Export Control Reform kicked off), seventeen earlier amendments to other U.S. Munitions List categories, and two sets of proposals, the Department of State and Commerce have finally published final rules for fire control, laser, imaging, and guidance equipment. Time is short to prepare — the new regulations go into effect December 31, 2016.
Controls on night vision and imaging technologies have long been some of the most ambiguous in the ITAR. The new rules are more clear, but come at the price of increased complexity, necessitating greater attention and analysis by exporters.
But the time for talk is over, and the moment for action is now! Learn what you need to know to prepare your organization to take advantage of the new rules because these changes will come into effect before you know it. Join us as we tackle these topics and more:
- Significant changes to USML Category XII and corresponding revisions to Categories VIII, XI, XIII, and XV, which will result in some items moving off the USML
- What the definition of “specially designed” really means for classification purposes and how Category XII has introduced a new concept of “specially designed for a military end-user”
- How to classify formerly ITAR-controlled items on the Commerce Control List, especially the new and revised “600 series” Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) (7A611, 7B611, 7D611, and 7E611)
- Adjustments to several related non-600 series ECCNs is CCL Categories 0, 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9
- License exception eligibility for these items, including important changes to License Exceptions APR, GOV, and STA
- Revisions to unique EAR military end use and end user controls
- The actions exporters should take now to prepare for the rapidly approaching effective date of these changes
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who has been bringing over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option must be requested)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Dec 8, 2016
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits