BIS issued new export compliance guidelines in 2017 which includes a new section on recordkeeping.
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
The new guidelines include specific requirements for electronic communications and document retention and retrieval. BIS also implies in the new guidelines that a company’s export compliance officer should support their organization’s efforts to manage the disposal of data storage devices along the lines of the DOC/NIST “Guidelines for Media Sanitation”.
This webinar will address these new guidelines as well as other critically important topics relating to Export Compliance Officers and their legal resources.
The following topics will be covered:
- Regulatory requirements for recordkeeping for export control agencies – what do the regulations say?
- What is the government recommending with regard to compliance automation?
- What transactions and which persons are subject to recordkeeping requirements?
- Export control documents vs. general commercial records
- Best practices for recordkeeping in the paperless era
- Challenges of auditing electronic records
- Advice for maintaining files for shipping documents, classification, and licensing determinations
- Recordkeeping for reform-related reclassification decisions
- Internal mini-audits of export paperwork
- Challenges of dealing with freight forwarders, air couriers, and other third parties who generate documents on your company’s behalf
- Legal considerations: investigations, discovery, attorney-client privilege
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.