Export Control Classification for Aircraft Parts
Aerospace consistently ranks among the top US export industries. American companies sell about $140 billion worth of commercial airliners, satellites, military aircraft, engines, components, and more to customers abroad. At the same time, aerospace is among the industries most affected by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export controls.
This webinar will focus specifically on determining the jurisdiction and classification of both military and civil aircraft parts and components. It’s easy to become frustrated with export controls because they are complex and can seem illogical. But accurate classification is not an insurmountable task. ECTI can help you to understand the resources and steps you need to get the job done. Make the correct classification decisions and avoid licensing violations.
Our topics will include:
- The US Munitions List Order of Review
- Understanding USML Category VIII
- “Specially Designed” in the ITAR
- The Commerce Control List Order of Review
- ECCNs 9A610, 9A991, and Other Key Aircraft Part Controls
- “Specially Designed” in the EAR
- Common Pitfalls and Misconceptions to Avoid
ECTI’s Scott Gearity will lead the webinar with PowerPoint slides, live video, and audio commentary. Scott is a longtime export compliance trainer, consultant, and manager who trains thousands of people a year worldwide on US export controls and sanctions.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Do you also need help classifying aircraft part technology? We are offering another webinar, Classifying Aircraft Part Technology, on April 22, 2020 that will focus specifically on determining the jurisdiction and classification of technology related to both military and civil aircraft parts.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
March 11, 2020
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits