December 5, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EST
Aerospace consistently ranks among the top U.S. export industries. American companies sell about $140 billion worth of commercial airliners, satellites, military aircraft, engines, components, and more to customers abroad. At the same time, aerospace is among the industries most affected by export controls.
Aerospace companies deal with unique export compliance concerns. It’s easy to become frustrated with export rules because they are complex and can seem illogical. The objective of this webinar is to discuss many particular aspects of export controls compliance that challenge aerospace businesses. We will focus on topics specifically related to your industry in order for you to reduce risk and be more successful. We will provide you with the tools to be efficient while still staying compliant.
Our topics will include:
- Why export compliance matters
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration requirements
- What hardware and technologies are subject to the ITAR on the U.S. Munitions List
- What hardware and technologies are subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including “600-Series” controls on military items
- Discussion of controls pertaining to missiles/rockets, aircraft, spacecraft, gas turbine engines, and their components (USML Categories IV, VIII, XV, and XIX)
- End-use and end-user restrictions
- How embargoes and sanctions impact aerospace exporters
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.