Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
Salespeople, marketing managers, and customer service personnel should be key players on your export compliance team. Give sales and marketing staff the essential knowledge necessary to be valuable, informed — and willing — participants in your export compliance program.
Export compliance requirements under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) create burdens for salespeople and compliance professionals. It’s very easy to become frustrated with export rules and regulations because they are illogical and often do not make sense. Unfortunately, non-compliance can cause hefty fines, lost sales, customer dissatisfaction, denial of export privileges, and even prison sentences, so it is important for all facets of business (especially sales) to understand the key issues in order to make compliance part of their daily routine. Sales and marketing personnel who understand export compliance are an invaluable resource to their company’s compliance program.
The objective of this webinar is to show sales and marketing staff why export compliance is important. We will cover the topics that are specifically related to their positions in order for them, and your organization, to be more successful. We will provide them with the tools to maximize business opportunities while still staying compliant. Participants will not only learn how to live with export compliance, but also how to play a key role in an organization’s export compliance program.
Our topics will include:
- Why export controls are important to US national security and foreign policy objectives
- Why export violations can be crippling to an exporter
- Releasing technical data to foreign persons and other exports
- When you might need government approval to make a proposal — and how to obtain it
- What you know (or should know) might hurt you
- What information is controlled as technical data/technology and what is not
- Business and compliance benefits of integrating export compliance into the sales cycle
- Why using common sense and short cuts not based on the written rules is risky
- Avoiding short cuts that are not based on the written rules
- Staying on the right side of US sanctions regulations
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who has been bringing over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.