Encryption Export Controls 2019 Edition
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar will cover new controls on emerging information security technologies effective May 2019, as well as the timetable for future changes to Category 5 Part II.
US export controls on hardware and software using encryption remain one of the areas that can confound even the most experienced export compliance practitioner. This webinar will go through the basics of classifying items that could fall within Category 5 Part II of the Commerce Control List. We will also review export licensing requirements for these items, including NLR and License Exception ENC.
Designed for individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations. Topics include:
- General discussion of the present controls on commercial encryption technology, including an overview of recent regulatory changes and upcoming rules resulting from the 2018 Wassenaar Plenary
- Review of technical basics and the terminology used in the Cat. 5 Part II Technical Note regarding ‘cryptography for data confidentiality’
- Review of classification methodologies for items where information security is not the primary purpose
- The use of publicly available encryption code in creating software for commercial sale
- Understanding licensing authorities: NLR, ENC, and Export Licenses for products using encryption
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Outlook for future regulatory changes
We will offer case studies and examples proven to help export compliance professionals understand how the rules apply to real world scenarios. This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Felice Laird, who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls with 30 years’ experience in training on US export regulations.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
October 8, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits