Encryption Export Controls 2019 Edition
US export controls on hardware and software using encryption remain one of the areas that can confound even the most experienced export compliance practitioner. This webinar will go through the basics of classifying items that could fall within Category 5 Part II of the Commerce Control List. We will also review export licensing requirements for these items, including NLR and License Exception ENC.
Designed for individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations. Topics include:
- General discussion of the present controls on commercial encryption technology, including an overview of recent regulatory changes and upcoming rules resulting from the 2018 Wassenaar Plenary
- Review of technical basics and the terminology used in the Cat. 5 Part II Technical Note regarding ‘cryptography for data confidentiality’
- Review of classification methodologies for items where information security is not the primary purpose
- The use of publicly available encryption code in creating software for commercial sale
- Understanding licensing authorities: NLR, ENC, and Export Licenses for products using encryption
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Outlook for future regulatory changes
We will offer case studies and examples proven to help export compliance professionals understand how the rules apply to real world scenarios. This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Felice Laird, who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls with 30 years’ experience in training on US export regulations.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
October 8, 2019
1:00 PM EDT
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits