The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) significantly changed the Information Security section of the Commerce Control List (Category 5 Part II) in August 2017 as a result of the 2016 Wassenaar Arrangement decision to rewrite certain Export Commodity Control Numbers (“ECCNs”).
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
We are offering a webinar for those individuals who want to get an update on the changes (Federal Register) as well as those new to encryption export controls. Designed for those individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations, this webinar will focus on:
- General discussion of the present controls on commercial encryption technology including an overview of the 2017 regulatory changes
- Review of technical basics and the new terminology used in the Cat. 5 Part II Technical Note regarding ‘cryptography for data confidentiality’
- Review of the implications of the removal of “Note 4” decontrol of items where information security is not the primary purpose
- Use of publicly available encryption code in creating software for commercial sale
- Determining the right ECCN for software, hardware and technology
- Licensing authorities NLR, ENC, Export License
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Outlook for future regulatory changes
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls and has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls.
Prerequisite: Participants should understand fundamental EAR issues and have at least basic familiarity with EAR classifications.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Oct 11, 2017
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 12386