The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) significantly changed the Information Security section of the Commerce Control List (Category 5 Part II) in August 2017 as a result of the 2016 Wassenaar Arrangement decision to rewrite certain Export Commodity Control Numbers (“ECCNs”).
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
We are offering a webinar for those individuals who want to get an update on the changes (Federal Register) as well as those new to encryption export controls. Designed for those individuals with a working knowledge of the export regulations, this webinar will focus on:
- General discussion of the present controls on commercial encryption technology including an overview of the 2017 regulatory changes
- Review of technical basics and the new terminology used in the Cat. 5 Part II Technical Note regarding ‘cryptography for data confidentiality’
- Review of the implications of the removal of “Note 4” decontrol of items where information security is not the primary purpose
- Use of publicly available encryption code in creating software for commercial sale
- Determining the right ECCN for software, hardware and technology
- Licensing authorities NLR, ENC, Export License
- Recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Outlook for future regulatory changes
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls and has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.