Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
Are you an empowered official? Did your boss ask you to become one? Need to prepare for the role? Want to know what it really means? If so, this is the webinar for you.
The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) use the term “empowered official” in some very specific ways. Despite that, it’s a frequently misunderstood role, even by some people currently in it. In this webinar, we will discuss what it means to be an empowered official and what the ITAR requires of those in the role. We will also review the essential information which the ITAR mandates all empowered officials know.
Topics will include:
- Who is eligible to be an empowered official
- What empowered officials need to know about the law, regulations, and penalties
- The essential responsibilities of an empowered official
- The important tasks which only an empowered official can do
- Ins and outs of certification requirements
- How and when to notify DDTC of empowered officials
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.