“Emerging” Technology Export Controls: Global Update 2019
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Technology export controls are “emerging” all across the globe, not just in the United States. From Japan’s and Korea’s own form of “emerging technology” export controls, to Malaysia’s clarified approach to intangible transfers of controlled technology, to China and the Philippines planning to introduce their own “deemed” export controls, national governments are expanding their technology export controls and implementing them more rigorously. The challenge for companies operating and trading across borders is that the definitions, scope, procedural requirements, and application of technology export controls likely differ from one foreign jurisdiction to the next.
This webinar is designed to help you meet these ever “emerging” technology export control challenges by providing the latest information and insights on global technology export controls and offering strategies and practical tips for how to comply with those controls without disrupting your business. The webinar will cover technology export controls as they pertain to various industry sectors, including the aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, chemical defense, electronics, manufacturing, IT, and software. Technology trade controls in European, Asian, and Middle Eastern countries will be discussed.
Specifically, this webinar will:
- Deliver a comprehensive update on which countries in the world have technology export controls and which are working to introduce them;
- Highlight recent changes and developments in global technology export controls, including the application of export controls to “emerging technologies” and enforcement trends;
- Compare how the scope of controls on technology differ between key countries in Asia and Europe and the United States, with particular focus on intangible, domestic, and cloud-based transfers;
- Note some of the special licensing procedures and documentation requirements for transfers of controlled technology from foreign jurisdictions; and,
- Share insights from real-world cases of technology trade controls and suggestions for how to enhance your global technology trade compliance.
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Jay Nash, who specializes in non-US trade controls and compliance. Mr. Nash has worked with businesses from all sectors and national governments from every region of the world to provide guidance and support on national export control system development and organizational-level export control compliance. Mr. Nash is a regular speaker and presenter at regional and international export control conferences, was a member of the World Export Control Review’s “2016 Export Consultancy of the Year,” and he is a member of the Madison International Trade Association’s (MITA) Board of Directors.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
August 22, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits