If you are an exporter of hardware, are hesitant to use EAR license exceptions, or just want to better understand them, this is the webinar for you.
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
We will help you:
- Learn how to get repaired products back in your customer’s hands more quickly!
- Export some of the most sensitive items on the CCL without a license!
- Export to US and some foreign government customers without a license!
EAR license exceptions authorize exports without a license, including some military (600 series) and space (9×515) items. Still, many exporters seek licenses even when an exception is available, because they prefer the comfort factor of having an export license — and that is certainly understandable, because some of the exceptions are complex and confusing, not to mention that some of the restrictions that prohibit you from using an exception are not even written in the exception itself!
But if you make an effort to learn the exceptions, you may be rewarded. After all, the Commerce Department intentionally created license exceptions for you to use. If you know what you are doing and are thorough in your analysis, using exceptions will enhance your export compliance program, because you will be able to export faster and you won’t waste limited resources on getting unnecessary licenses.
Join us and learn the issues to address when you use an exception as we focus on the most widely used of these authorizations under the EAR. Just think: use an exception instead of a license only once because of this webinar and the savings in time, effort, and aggravation will more than pay for the cost of the webinar.
We will cover these topics and more:
- Commonly-used ECCN-based license exceptions (including GBS, CIV, and LVS)
- License Exception STA — a major authorization for exports of 600 series equipment and materials
- A very useful exception for repairs and replacements (RPL)
- An exception that may permit you to make temporary exports (TMP)
- An exception for exports to the US Government (and certain foreign governments) abroad (GOV)
- License Exception ENC — the exception which authorizes more exports (by value) than any other
- Several other exceptions, some of which you can use for EAR 600 series items
- Critical restrictions on the use of all license exceptions
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings nearly 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to his clients. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.