EAR Hardware and Materials Classifications: Learning By Doing
Practice Makes Perfect – A Two-Part Webinar that Combines Hands-On Exercises, Discussions, and Instruction.
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Getting your Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export classifications right is clearly one of the most important aspects of an export compliance program. It is also among the most difficult and time consuming. Combine the increasing enforcement of export controls with the $1.4 trillion in annual US goods exports and you clearly see that finding the correct Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) is more important than ever.
In this series of two webinars we will provide the participants with classification exercises to complete prior to both webinars. During the webinars we will use a combination of instruction and discussion of the exercises for a “practice makes perfect” approach to learning how to classify hardware (i.e. “commodities”) under the EAR.
In addition to the exercises, the instruction will cover these points:
- Using the new Export Control Reform Order of Review rules
- Knowing how to avoid the mistakes the Order of Review rules can cause you to make
- Commerce Control List (CCL) product groups “A”, “B”, and “C”
- 600 series and 9X515 ECCNs
- Understanding EAR99
- Special rules for semi-finished items
- Commodity classification requests
- Considering compliant and streamlined approaches to classifications
- Implementing common sense internal procedures for classifications
- Choosing practical and effective tools for making classifications easier and more accurate
This combination of hands-on exercises, expert instruction, and participation in real-time question and answer sessions will be a unique opportunity to enhance your understanding of classifications. Knowing how to do classifications correctly will give you confidence in your compliance and reduce the substantial risks associated with misclassification.
These webinars will provide PowerPoint slides and notes and include video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who has been bringing over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Two Webinar Series: Unlike most ECTI webinars, this training consists of two webinars so as to maximize the benefits of using hands-on exercises and discussions.
Prerequisite: Participants should understand fundamental EAR issues and have at least basic familiarity with EAR classifications.
“Great reinforcement of classification steps, and practice exercises.”
Marlene Waller, Export Control Officer, RTI International
Attendee of this webinar
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Oct 25 & Nov 8, 2017
Each webinar is 1.5 hours
1 Participant: $295.00
2-5 Participants: $221.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $147.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event#: 12390 (Part 1)
Event#: 12391 (Part 2)
CES: 1.5 each