March 12, 2019 1:00-2:30 PM EDT
All registrants receive an encryption classification questionnaire!
Back by popular demand…we are offering a webinar on creating your own encryption questionnaires to use to classify your products. Participants will receive an encryption classification questionnaire reflecting all 2018 changes from the instructor, Felice Laird, and will be guided through the template and coached on how to customize it for companies in different industries. We will work through case studies involving products classified as EAR99, 5×992 and 5×002. We’ll also have a sneak peek at changes that may be coming later in 2019.
This webinar is designed for people who have a good working knowledge of the basics of product classification and the encryption regulations, or have attended previous ECTI encryption webinars.
- Quick overview of encryption ECCNs
- Classification and documentation requirements
- Tips for working with engineers
- Walk through a sample classification template
- Tips for creating a customized template for your organization
- Case studies: mass-market items, 740.17 (B)(1), (B)(2) and (B)(3) products, “cryptographic activation”, products excluded from 5A002.a1-a4.
Our DIY Encryption Classification Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls and has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.