Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
All registrants receive an encryption classification questionnaire!
We are offering a webinar on creating your own encryption questionnaires to use to classify your products. In August, the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) significantly changed the Information Security section of the Commerce Control List (Category 5 Part II) as a result of the 2016 Wassenaar Arrangement decision to rewrite certain Export Commodity Control Numbers (“ECCNs”) (Federal Register). Participants will receive an encryption classification questionnaire reflecting all 2017 changes from the instructor, Felice Laird, and will be guided through the template and coached on how to customize it for companies in different industries. We will work through case studies involving products classified as EAR99, 5×992 and 5×002.
This webinar is designed for people who have a good working knowledge of the encryption regulations or have attended previous ECTI encryption webinars.
- Quick overview of encryption ECCNs
- Classification and documentation requirements
- Tips for working with engineers
- Walk through a sample classification template
- Tips for creating a customized template for your organization
- Case studies: mass-market items, 740.17 (B)(1), (B)(2) and (B)(3) products, OAM and products using encryption that are not for “information security”
Our DIY Encryption Classification Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading expert on US encryption export controls and has 30 years’ experience in training on US export controls. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.