Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) says that you must register if you manufacture or export United States Munitions List (USML) controlled items (“defense articles”). If you provide “defense services” you may be required to register as well. Registration is often misunderstood, it’s not customer driven, it’s not an authorization to export anything, nor is it a confirmation that the State Department believes you are in compliance with the ITAR. Registration really is an important regulatory requirement in its own right and also a prerequisite for organizations who want to export. We will walk you through the steps behind registering with the State Department.
The next step is to name your company’s empowered official. The ITAR uses the term “empowered official” in some very specific ways. Despite that, it’s a frequently misunderstood role, even by some people currently in it! In this webinar, we will discuss what it means to be an empowered official and what the ITAR requires of those in the role.
ITAR exemptions authorize certain hardware exports without a license. Some exporters, however, get a license even when an exemption is available because they prefer the comfort factor of having an export license—and that is certainly understandable because some of the exemptions are complex and confusing, not to mention that some of the restrictions that prohibit you from using an exemption are not even written in the exemption itself. Join us and learn the issues to address when you use an exemption. Just think: if you use an exemption instead of a license just once because of this webinar and the $250 savings (off your annual registration fee) will more than pay the cost of the webinar.
We will cover these topics and more other during the webinar:
- Registration and Empowered Officials
- Registration Requirement & How to Register with DDTC
- Obligations of Registrants
- Considerations for Designating “Empowered Officials”
- What are Exemptions? / Excluded Items & Countries
- Temporary Imports Exemptions
- General Hardware and Technical Data Exemptions
- Canada, UK & Australia Exemptions
- US Government Exemptions; Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Exemption
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to the webinar.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.