Cornerstones of ITAR Compliance: Controlled Items, Activities & Technical Data
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar will guide you through the questions, and possible issues, you need to address when you are determining how the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) apply to an activity you may be looking to proceed with. The ITAR comes into play when you have both an activity that the US government wants to control and you have an item on the United States Munitions List (USML) or a “defense article”.
We will help you answer the question of, “Is my item on the USML?” by walking you through the ITAR’s Order of Review. The USML has changed in major ways over the past several years – it can’t hurt to take a fresh look. Understanding how the Order of Review works is a significant first step because it allows you to deal with situations where you are not sure whether your item may be subject to the ITAR because it is enumerated, captured by a “catch-all” control, or neither.
We will cover these topics and more during the webinar:
- ITAR Controlled Activities
- Exports, Reexports, and Retransfers
- Technical Data Releases to Foreign Persons
- Defense Services
- Temporary Imports & Other Controlled Activities
- Prohibited Countries & Ineligible Parties
- Controlled Items
- Jurisdiction: ITAR vs. EAR; Definition of “Defense Article”
- The US Munitions List & Order of Review
- “Specially Designed” & Special Classification Issues
- Commodity Jurisdiction Determinations
- Technical Data
- Technical Data in the ITAR & Software Directly Related to Defense Articles
- Public Domain Information
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to the webinar.
The leader of the webinar was very knowledgeable on the subject matter and was detailed enough so the audience didn’t lose focus.
Attendee of this webinar
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
February 27, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits:
Event #: 13563