February 27, 2019 1:00-2:30 PM EST
This webinar will guide you through the questions, and possible issues, you need to address when you are determining how the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) apply to an activity you may be looking to proceed with. The ITAR comes into play when you have both an activity that the US government wants to control and you have an item on the United States Munitions List (USML) or a “defense article”.
We will help you answer the question of, “Is my item on the USML?” by walking you through the ITAR’s Order of Review. The USML has changed in major ways over the past several years – it can’t hurt to take a fresh look. Understanding how the Order of Review works is a significant first step because it allows you to deal with situations where you are not sure whether your item may be subject to the ITAR because it is enumerated, captured by a “catch-all” control, or neither.
We will cover these topics and more during the webinar:
- ITAR Controlled Activities
- Exports, Reexports, and Retransfers
- Technical Data Releases to Foreign Persons
- Defense Services
- Temporary Imports & Other Controlled Activities
- Prohibited Countries & Ineligible Parties
- Controlled Items
- Jurisdiction: ITAR vs. EAR; Definition of “Defense Article”
- The US Munitions List & Order of Review
- “Specially Designed” & Special Classification Issues
- Commodity Jurisdiction Determinations
- Technical Data
- Technical Data in the ITAR & Software Directly Related to Defense Articles
- Public Domain Information
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to the webinar.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Cornerstones of ITAR Compliance Webinar Series
This webinar is part of the larger Cornerstones of ITAR Compliance 4-Webinar Series. You can purchase it as a single webinar using the Register Now button below or you can purchase the entire series for $585 (25% discount) here!
Have you read all 377 pages of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)? Do you need no-frills training on the ITAR that covers its core principles and helps you to identify risk areas within your daily business activities? ECTI has you covered.
In this 4-webinar series we will cover the key principles of the ITAR and provide practical advice on how to comply with them. This series will provide both novice and experienced export compliance professionals with detailed training on the most important aspects of the ITAR. We’ve pored over the regulations to bring you what you need to know and understand in order to build a solid foundation of compliance to your company.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.