Cornerstones of EAR Compliance: License Application Process & Export Clearance
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
The Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) form 748P is used by exporters for applying for export licenses, reexport licenses, and classification requests. Knowing how to use the electronic filing system, as well as how to fill out the form completely, and correctly, is necessary in order to keep your business running. In this webinar we will walk you through the web-based system (SNAP-R) and explain how to tell the story of your application with the Who, What, and How of your transaction to BIS. We will also go over certain support documents that may be required.
Are you ready to export? Do you know what documents and filings you need to make that export? After you have determined if you can use NLR, a license exception, or you have an export/reexport license approved, the party isn’t over. Before you proceed there is another set of regulations that governs the actual shipment of the item – the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR). This creates more hoops to jump through before you are ready to ship. This webinar will walk you through both EAR and FTR requirements for export clearance. If you’ve come this far in the exporting process, why miss something small now?
We will cover these topics and more during the webinar:
- When and How to Make a License Application to BIS
- Special Support Documents & Requirements
- SNAP-R / Electronic Filing / License Review Process
- Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) & Automated Export System (AES)
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule & Schedule B
- Export Documents & Shipping
- Special Requirements for 600-Series and 9X515
- Destination Control Statement
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to the webinar.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
April 24, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits:
Event #: 13662