Cornerstones of EAR Compliance: Controlled Items, Activities, & Hardware Classification
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Are you engaged in (or considering) an activity regulated by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)? Commodities, software, and technology are all subject to US export controls. Exports, reexports, in-country transfers, and deemed exports and are all regulated activities. Understanding what the EAR controls, and does not control, is the first step in the process of determining how the regulations could, and likely will, apply to your business.
In this webinar we will walk you through how to determine if the activity and item you are trying to export is regulated by the EAR. Next, we’ll turn to one of the most difficult and important export compliance tasks – determining the classification in the Commerce Control List (CCL) for the items you export. The CCL uses detailed and complex criteria to define the classifications of many items. We will break down the critical elements you need to know in order to find the accurate ECCN for your product.
The EAR and CCL have changed in major ways over the past several years. Export Control Reform (ECR) did not simplify classification rules. In fact, ECR made the rules more complex and made the CCL much longer than before. When was the last time you took a fresh look at these changes?
We will cover these topics and more during the webinar:
- Controlled Items: Commodities, Software, and Technology
- Controlled Activities: Exports, Reexports, and In-country Transfers
- Deemed Exports and Reexports
- Other Regulated Activities
- Jurisdiction: EAR vs. ITAR
- The Commerce Control List: EAR99, 600-Series, and other ECCNs
- How to Classify an Item: Determining and Reading the ECCN
- Order of Review
- “Specially Designed” Definition, Exclusions, and Implications
- Requesting an Official Classification
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to the webinar.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
April 2, 2019
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits:
Event #: 13663