Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
The BIS form 748P is used for export licenses, re-export licenses and commodity classifications, among other things.
We will cover the new BIS documentation requirements for exports and reexports under licenses and license exceptions to and from Hong Kong (effective April 19, 2017).
This form is the major feature of the web-based application platform used by BIS,“SNAP-R”. The need to apply for BIS 748P applications for exports and re-exports is increasing significantly, largely due to Export Control Reform.
If you are new to the BIS 748P application, you need to know the above and more if you want to successfully prepare a complete application package with required supporting documents. You need to know how to prepare your application so you can obtain the approval that you need. In addition, you need to understand when it is worthwhile to contact the government about your pending application and when contacting the government would be counter-productive.
This webinar will provide ITAR experts who are new to BIS licenses, as well as anyone else new to BIS licenses, the ins and outs of form 748P. Companies cannot afford to submit an incorrect or incomplete application. If you do not get your application right, you will get the dreaded “RWA” (return without action) response that means you have to fix the deficiencies in your application and resubmit it. When you resubmit your license, it will start at square one in the BIS license review process.
This webinar will address the following topics:
- Licensing requirements
- Setting yourself up on SNAP-R
- Filling out the form 748P
- New rules on International Import Certificates and other support documents
- What you need to submit with your application, what you need to keep (e.g., letters of assurance, letters of explanation, technology control plans)
- How to deal with multiple consignees and end users
- Using DDTC precedent approvals to speed up 748P processing
- License processing
- Interagency reviews
- Constructively monitoring the processing of your license without pestering government licensing officials
- Avoiding “RWAs”
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years of experience in training on US export controls. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.