BIS License Application 748P: How to Prepare It and How to Ensure Best Possible Approval Time
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
The BIS form 748P is used for export licenses, re-export licenses, and commodity classifications, among other things.
This form is the major feature of the web-based application platform used by BIS, “SNAP-R”. If you are new to the BIS 748P application, you need to know the above and more if you want to successfully prepare a complete application package with required supporting documents. You need to know how to prepare your application so you can obtain the approval that you need. In addition, you need to understand when it is worthwhile to contact the government about your pending application and when contacting the government would be counter-productive.
This webinar will provide ITAR experts who are new to BIS licenses, as well as anyone else new to BIS licenses, the ins and outs of form 748P. Companies cannot afford to submit an incorrect or incomplete application. If you do not get your application right, you will get the dreaded “RWA” (return without action) response which means you must fix the deficiencies in your application and resubmit it. When you resubmit your license, it will start at square one in the BIS license review process.
This webinar will address the following topics:
- Licensing requirements
- Setting yourself up on SNAP-R
- Filling out the form 748P
- Rules on International Import Certificates and other support documents
- What you need to submit with your application, what you need to keep (e.g., letters of assurance, letters of explanation, technology control plans)
- How to deal with multiple consignees and end-users
- Using DDTC precedent approvals to speed up 748P processing
- License processing
- Interagency reviews
- Constructively monitoring the processing of your license without pestering government licensing officials
- Avoiding “RWAs”
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who has 30 years of experience in training on US export controls.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option must be requested)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
September 11, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits