BIS License Application 748P: How to Prepare It and How to Ensure Best Possible Approval Time
The BIS form 748P is used for export licenses, re-export licenses, and commodity classifications, among other things. This webinar will include a real-time demonstration of the SNAP-R system.
The 748P form is the major feature of the web-based application platform used by BIS, “SNAP-R”. If you are new to the BIS 748P application, you need to know the above and more if you want to successfully prepare a complete application package with required supporting documents. You need to know how to prepare your application so you can obtain the approval that you need. In addition, you need to understand when it is worthwhile to contact the government about your pending application and when contacting the government would be counter-productive.
This webinar will provide basic training on the ins and outs of form 748P. It will also address the most common causes that can lead to the dreaded “RWA” (return without action) response which means you must fix the deficiencies in your application and resubmit it.
This webinar will address the following topics:
- Licensing requirements
- Commodity Classification submissions
- Setting yourself up on SNAP-R
- Filling out the form 748P
- Rules on International Import Certificates and other support documents
- What you need to submit with your application, what you need to keep (e.g., letters of assurance, letters of explanation, technology control plans)
- How to deal with multiple consignees and end-users
- Using precedent approvals to speed up 748P processing
- License processing
- Interagency reviews
- Constructively monitoring the processing of your license without pestering government licensing officials
- Avoiding “RWAs”
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading export compliance auditor and educator.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
February 25, 2020
1:00 PM EST
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits