Beyond the Lord of War: Arms Brokering under ITAR Part 129
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
ITAR Part 129 is broad, complex, and often misunderstood. Are you an arms broker without knowing it? Do you know when referring customers to outside vendors, working with sales agents, and other seemingly innocent activities implicate Part 129? Do you know how to comply with Part 129 registration, prior approval, annual reporting, and recordkeeping requirements?
This webinar will cover the fundamentals of Part 129 compliance for manufacturers, suppliers, sales agents, consultants, attorneys, and others involved in defense trade. It is intended to help understand Part 129 requirements, with a focus on companies that use sales representatives and other agents, and companies involved in transactions where they are not the manufacturer or end user of defense articles and defense services.
More specifically, the webinar will address the following topics:
- Source and original purpose of Part 129
- Scope of persons and activities subject to Part 129
- Part 129 registration, approval, annual reporting, and recordkeeping requirements
- Part 129 exclusions and exemptions
- Preparing requests for approval of brokering activity
- Developments in Part 129, to include agency guidance and recent court decisions
- Part 129 enforcement actions
- Best practices for Part 129 compliance
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video with commentary from Matthew Goldstein, Counsel at GOLDSTEIN PLLC. Mr. Goldstein is an experienced International Trade attorney with over a decade of experience representing arms brokers in Part 129 compliance.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Sep 13, 2017
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 12383