Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
ITAR Part 129 is broad, complex, and often misunderstood. Are you an arms broker without knowing it? Do you know when referring customers to outside vendors, working with sales agents, and other seemingly innocent activities implicate Part 129? Do you know how to comply with Part 129 registration, prior approval, annual reporting, and recordkeeping requirements?
This webinar will cover the fundamentals of Part 129 compliance for manufacturers, suppliers, sales agents, consultants, attorneys, and others involved in defense trade. It is intended to help understand Part 129 requirements, with a focus on companies that use sales representatives and other agents, and companies involved in transactions where they are not the manufacturer or end user of defense articles and defense services.
More specifically, the webinar will address the following topics:
- Source and original purpose of Part 129
- Scope of persons and activities subject to Part 129
- Part 129 registration, approval, annual reporting, and recordkeeping requirements
- Part 129 exclusions and exemptions
- Preparing requests for approval of brokering activity
- Developments in Part 129, to include agency guidance and recent court decisions
- Part 129 enforcement actions
- Best practices for Part 129 compliance
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video with commentary from Matthew Goldstein, Counsel at GOLDSTEIN PLLC. Mr. Goldstein is an experienced International Trade attorney with over a decade of experience representing arms brokers in Part 129 compliance. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar. The final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.