Out Like A Dog And In Like A Pig (?)
Registrants will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording to view multiple times over the period of one year. Upon purchase/registration, you will receive the link to the webinar and your unique login and password via email within 1 business day.
A recent Chinese horoscope advised that 2018 (the Year of the Dog, according to Chinese Zodiac) was a “tumultuous” year, and the upcoming Year of the Pig will “usher in some much needed fortune.” Let’s certainly hope so!
All attendees will receive links to current copies of the updated export control lists, regulations, and many of the forms discussed during the webinar.
That horoscope may not have been talking about export controls in the Asia Pacific region, but we certainly will be in the latest iteration of ECTI’s “Asia Pacific Export Control Update” webinar. The webinar will cover the key export control developments in Asia Pacific countries that occurred in the latter part of 2018, and provide an outlook into what 2019 will bring. In 2018 the Australian government undertook a comprehensive review of its Defense Trade Control Act, the Korean government introduced a new series of export license exceptions, the Japanese government significantly expanded its “Foreign End-User List,” and the Malaysian government introduced its first directive on the implementation of proliferation finance control measures. And as per usual, there were national control list updates across the region. From the commencement of implementation of the Philippines’ Strategic Trade Management Act (STMA) to the likely adoption of Thailand’s long-awaited dual-use trade control legislation, and the next steps in China’s planned new export control law unfolding, 2019 is looking to be equally active and impactful from an export control and compliance perspective.
This webinar is intended to help companies in the electronics, industrial manufacturing, logistics, IT, aerospace, chemical, energy, and bio-tech sectors wrap their minds (and compliance programs!) around the ever-dynamic export controls of the APAC region and provide the information and insights that will help businesses maximize their chances for all the good fortune that 2019 and the Year of the Pig is supposed to bring! This webinar is designed for those responsible for global or APAC regional export compliance personnel, whether at the corporate level or based in a local business or operation, or working with customers or suppliers in the region. Specifically, the webinar will:
- Deliver a comprehensive overview of the key export control-related developments in the Asia Pacific in the latter part of 2018 and look ahead to 2019 for Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Taiwan;
- Provide an in-depth review of the recent regulatory changes to Malaysia’s export control system and the new controls that will be implemented in the Philippines and Thailand in 2019;
- Share the latest developments and outlook on China’s “Draft Export Control Law”;
- Conduct a thorough review of the updates to the export control lists of all aforementioned countries and how those lists are currently tracking compared to those of the US, EU, and multilateral export control regimes;
- Share practical tips on how to update both home and local jurisdiction export compliance programs to align with the changes in APAC export controls; and,
- Include links to current copies of the updated export control lists, regulations, and many of the forms discussed during the webinar.
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Jay Nash, who specializes in non-US trade controls and compliance. Mr. Nash has worked with businesses from all sectors and national governments from every region of the world to provide guidance and support on national export control system development and organizational-level export control compliance. Mr. Nash is a regular speaker and presenter at regional and international export control conferences, was a member of the World Export Control Review’s “2016 Export Consultancy of the Year,” and he is a member of the Madison International Trade Association’s (MITA) Board of Directors.
Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar; the final 30 minutes of the webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.