A Deep Dive into AES
Do you have questions about AES filing? Do you have a strange shipping scenario and not sure how to handle it? Or do you have a question about an element in the Electronic Export Information (EEI)?
Upon purchase, an email will be sent that provides a link to view the webinar recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
This webinar will aim to answer the hard questions exporters have about AES filing. With a mix of deep dives into the regulations, learning through scenarios, and practical application, attendees will come away with a wealth of information and a good resource for the future. Along with an in-depth review of the parties to an export the following questions will be addressed:
- What information can a USPPI request from a filer in a routed transaction?
- How do Incoterms® impact AES filing responsibilities?
- Why does AES reject my HTS?
- Did you know there are 19,000 HTS codes and only 9,000 Schedule B numbers? Yet some commodities have multiple Schedule B and only one HTS, so… how does that make sense?
- Do you know what USPPI address to report for a consolidated export from two locations? Depending on the scenario, it could be very different; are you getting it right?
This webinar will attempt to answer as many questions about the odd ball scenarios, latest regulatory changes, and AES data elements as humanly possible within an hour. Topics will include split shipments, the original ITN field, HTS vs Schedule B, AES filing Exemptions, how Incoterms® relate to AES filing, and an in depth look at each of the parties to an export transaction. Questions from the ECTI community will appear in this webinar.
This webinar will cover:
- Filing for Split Shipments
- When a Shipment qualifies
- When to use an original ITN
- Responsibilities of the Parties to an Export
- United States Principle Party in Interest
- Authorized Agent
- Foreign Principle Party in Interest
- A study on the differences between HTS and Schedule B
- Why some HTS are not accepted in AES
- Tools for determining Schedule B
- AES filing questions
- What address do I report for the USPPI?
- Do Incoterms® Impact AES filing?
- Is shipping to a military base exempt?
- When is a Temporary Export exempt?
Who should attend the webinar: Anyone wanting to add depth to their knowledge of Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) will benefit from this webinar. It will be beneficial for exporters, freight forwarders, authorized agents, and carriers who interact with AES filing. Each of these parties have specific responsibilities under the FTR and may have to answer these questions or may have some questions of their own!
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Jonathan Young, who served as a military intelligence analyst before transitioning to an export compliance career in a corporate environment managing AES filings, export classification, and due diligence screening. Jonathan discovered early on that just understanding the juicy technical details is not enough, but communicating it to others is just as, if not more, important. He has trained groups ranging in size from one specialist to crowds of hundreds. Jonathan also has experience publishing documents, methods, and regulations used by the United States Air Force and Nissan North America.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option must be requested)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
November 13, 2018
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $150.00
2-5 Participants: $112.50 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $75.00 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits
Event #: 13348