December 19, 2018 1:00-2:30 PM EST
As 2018 draws to a close, join ECTI on a holiday adventure for all ages as we recount the year’s EAR, ITAR, and OFAC joys and sorrows, and contemplate what lies ahead. It’s a veritable Disney On Ice, but for people who know who Mira Ricardel is.
This webinar is ideal for those who want to be brought up to date on recent developments in export controls and related sanctions in only an hour and a half. Can’t find the time to pore over all 250 issues of the Federal Register published in the last twelve months? ECTI’s got you covered.
And we won’t be visited only by the Ghost of Export Controls Past. The Ghost of Export Controls Future will also appear to reveal what awaits us in 2019 (or at least our very best guess at it). Ignorance (Of The Regulations Is No Excuse) and Want (To Complete This End Use Statement For Me) are invited, but have not yet confirmed. The webinar will conclude with the customary Airing of Grievances. Instructor Scott Gearity has a lot of problems with our strategic trade controls and economic sanctions regulatory systems! And now you’re gonna hear about it! Participants will be invited to air their own grievances (as usual) during the question and answer session.
Topics will include:
- The Export Control Reform Act of 2018
- Significant Commerce Control List Changes
- Relaxation of EAR Controls Impacting India
- Iran Sanctions Snapback and Update
- Latest Sanctions Developments (Russia, Sudan, etc.)
- US Munitions List Revisions
- ITAR Updates
- Looking Ahead to 2019: ECR continues, potential EAR controls on emerging and foundational technologies, and more
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings over 15 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, and access to the webinar recording. Register even if you cannot attend; we will send you access to the webinar recording along with a copy of the presentation!
Purchase a webinar subscription today and save up to 50% on all ECTI webinars!
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.